Forgive 70×7 Times

Some years back, I was with a friend when her younger brother offended her and even though he apologized, she was still pained and she kept him in mind. When their mum got back, she admonished my friend to let it go and that she could only get annoyed after she has forgiven her brother 70×7 times.
As I grew up, I realized that you can't keep bearing records each time someone offends you; I mean only a jobless person will keep (70×7=490) records of someone offence against him or her.
I understood that the concept behind the 70×7 times was to forgive people each time they offended you without grudges.
People will always step on your toes and you'll always have to forgive them, coz bearing grudges will do you more harm than good. It will steal your peace.
As 2017 wraps up, forgive all those that have offended you. Say hello to that friend, visit that uncle , give that 'I'm sorry card' to your parents, let go of that hurt and pain; forgive and forget.
Even when you are right and the person claims you're wrong, still forgive. Forgiveness won't remove anything from you, it will rather  give you peace.
Forgive, forgive, forgive 70×7 times.

Shalom!!!
Lizinspiration©

Comments