You Have So Much To Be Grateful For

I was passing through Mokola-roundabout area, Ibadan recently when I saw these old, tattered but grateful women eating white rice sprinkled with ordinary groundnut oil and grounded pepper, they were eating it with so much happiness. I was moved to tears coz I just couldn't imagine myself eating that.
It made me count my blessings and I realized that I have so much to be grateful for.

Be grateful,
Just somewhere down the road is someone with no roof over his head; he sleeps under the bridge, in the harsh cold yet he's grateful for the gift of life.

Be grateful,
Somewhere in your neighborhood, there's someone with tattered clothes, tangled-bushy hair, no shoes yet he's grateful for the gift of life.

Be grateful,
There are many who are not given the opportunity to be educated as you are, yet they are grateful for the gift of life.

Be grateful,
There are many orphans in the world yet they are grateful for the gift of life. Appreciate the one or two parents that you have.

Stop complaining about how you wish your life could be, rather be grateful for the way your life is. Many wish to be where you are today but they aren't privileged.
As 2017 is wrapping up, count your blessings from January till now and you will see that you have so much to be grateful for.
There's so much to be thankful for, just look around.

Shalom!!!
Lizinspiration©

Comments

Post a Comment