This too shall pass

He was the greatest of all men in the East during his days until some tragic calamities befell him. He lost all he possessed in the twinkling of an eye. Ten children, seven thousand sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred yoke of oxen, five hundred female donkeys; all was gone.
In addition to all these tragic events, he was plagued with loathsome and painful sores from the crown of his head to the sole of his foot. He had to stay naked day and night while seated in ashes. There was no soothing ointment he could use for his sores except a piece of broken pottery with which he used to scrape himself.
To crown it all, he had no one to comfort him. His wife that could have been a source of encouragement and comfort to him advised him to renounce his creator and die.
I don't know of any other vicissitude of life that can be as devastating and painful as what this man encountered yet the Holy book recorded that in all these troubles, he still praised his creator. Not once through all these did he sin, He said nothing against his Creator. He was patient throughout these tests and he was rewarded in double folds. He got back all his possessions and his latter days was prosperous than his beginning.
The challenges might be overwhelming but try as much as possible not to speak against your creator. I want you to remember that He is ever faithful in all situations (either good or bad).
I don't know what you are going through presently but I'm here to tell you that this too shall pass. Weeping may endure for all night but joy will surely come in the morning. Cry no more, wipe your tears; these challenges shall soon pass. They are just for a while.
Everything will soon be alright, I promise you. The hunger, worries, tears, mourning, disappointments, delays shall soon pass. You will smile again, I'm sure about that because I'm now smiling.
Refuse to wallow in self pity. Praise your creator in any circumstance you find yourself.
Hold on, lines are falling in pleasant places for you.
Beloved, this too shall pass... Don't despair.


Shalom!!!

Lizinspiration©

Comments